All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jameson - Rogue (Assassination/Combat)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:37 pm 

Character Information:

1) What class/spec do you play?
Rogue, I greatly prefer assassination but I have a heroic combat weapon so yeah there I be on that currently.

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced

3) What is your Battletag?
Jameson#1578

Personal Information:

4) Are you 17 or older?
I am 31

5) Can you communicate in English?
Yes.

Computer Information:

6) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids without any issues?
I have never had an issue.

7) Do you have a working mic, and do you know how to use it?
Yes

8) Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes.

9) Mumble & DBM are required. Will that be an issue?
No, it will not be.

Player Information:

10) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content)
Vanilla:
I started playing in Vanilla but would not really consider myself versed on raiding. If I were to look back and watch me raid in molten core now I would cringe for how bad I probably was, but to be fair most people were pretty terrible back then. So a little experience in Vanilla raiding, killed rag and was working on Nef when I rerolled a priest for TBC.

TBC:
As stated above I rerolled a priest for a main raiding toon and this was when I got a little more serious into raiding. I had some irl friends in Tranquil Mechanical Yetis(server 1st guild on Terenas) and I raided with them after some stints in some smaller 25 man guilds on the same server. I cleared all content at the appropriate gear levels up to Mu'ru in Sunwell which caused the guild to explode and die. Started playing the Paladin a bit more seriously as I needed something to do since the guild was dead. Never got to kill Kiljaden in this expansion.
Toon in question: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... cha/simple
I never play this toon, so feel free to make fun of how shitty it is and how I have no idea what I am doing because you would be 100% correct.

Wrath:
Played alliance side all through Wrath with Team Cupcake on Terenas. Was a pretty solid guild up till we had some problems in Ulduar and the guild broke apart due to rl issues. We missed server first Kel by less than an hour and did 3 drakes in tier 7 gear. I kept a solid prot spec/gear through this and started full time tanking due to poor performance buy our off tank. I really enjoyed early wrath tanking on my paladin but I preferred ret. Did it out of necessity to keep our guild raiding and I liked the people I played with. It was during this phase that I decided to start looking off server for a different home and found myself on crushridge. I joined up with them when they were working on firefighter and algalon and was there for both of those kills. Eminent(new guild) reminded me a lot of my old horde guild in bc in terms of the play style and abilities of the people I raided with. Eminent was a 3 day guild that worked out perfectly for a working husband/father like myself. We were a really good guild and were second only to No Chicks Allowed on our server. All content in wrath was cleared at appropriate gear levels up to and including Arthas@25% and H. Halion(lol like that was hard). With our top 100 Us arthas kill recruitment exploded and we got a lot of good new people in guild that were way more hardcore than a lot of the original folks. Personalities did not mesh well and a lot of people left when cata dropped.

Cata:
As with a lot of 25hm guilds, the ten man lockouts hurt us a lot. We bled out some of our really good people that just didn't want to commit to a week of wiping on one boss when they could do it on ten mans for way less effort. We stayed strong all through Tier 11 and were making pretty solid progress through Firelands when we hit Baelroc pre-nerf. It was a ruff fight and people got frustrated and guild leadership started deciding to do ten mans to learn the encounters. Unfortunately, we never went back and as more and more people were not being included in our ten man raids people dropped and dropped until the guild turned into alt fest raids and one hardcore ten man group. Luckily I was included in that group and got to do Rag and get my mount and ect. Rag ten was a fun fightbut not really hard. It was more of a hope dumbass raider x or y can figure out how to stand on the ice patch this pull. At this point everyone pretty much quit but a few of us went over to Kiljadean and started raiding there for 

MoP
That guild there was pretty decent but again, running a short schedule guild is difficult if you want to progress. We stuttered and with the options a server like Kiljadean has, we started losing people. After much server bouncing I ended up on KT. Rolled this rogue for something different to do and fell in love with it.

Previous Guilds and Servers: Putting aside my scrubtactular beginnings I first got my taste or raiding in Tranquil Mechanical Yetis on Terenas. TMY was server first for pretty much everything from then on up to Sunwell, prenerf Mu'ru killed us and then we reformed with a bunch of the old hands as Really Bad Players. I played in RBP all they way up through Ulduar when a bunch of folks quit for whatever reasons. At this point I transferred over to Crushridge and played in Eminent, where I spent most of my raid years playing. Eminent was an incredibly talented short schedule 25M Heroic guild. We killed everything at patch content through all of Wrath and up to Firelands when our servers death throws were just too much for us to ignore anymore. After much effort of switching to ten mans and trying to keep the guild together we kind of threw in the towel for a few months and played Star Wars and were very excited about raiding it. So we got to max level and then went to a raid and it was bugged. So we came back next week and it was still bugged, and on for another week. At this point I would say the core of us friends that were still close and played together moved on over to Kiljadaen and finished up Cataclysm over there with a guild called Awakened. Awakened was a pretty solid group but as with a lot of 25 mans there was always some dead weight. We went into MoP and stayed pretty competitive up through tier 14 going 8/16 HM before things started falling apart again. Our old Gm and another of my fellow officers I had been playing with for 4 years stopped playing for good and I kind of floated around in Utero for a couple months trying to find something.I basically did not play for almost 6 months and picked the game back up in October by making my rogue and started playing again. I have been bouncing around trying to find a good fit for him and have not had much luck. The guild I am in now I really enjoy but it just runs way too late and way too often for me. I have to get up for work at 4:30 in the morning and I just can't do that anymore and still function.

Current content
I am 10/14HM with quite a few pulls on Thok.

11) How prepared do you show up to raids?
I potion every pull, im flasked every pull. I expect people to be doing the same.

12) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am EST)?
I can make always make these times. In the extremely rare situations where something happens I am always able to let people know in advance. Any vacations, wife rep farm night or what have you's I will know way in advance and I always post if I have to miss a night. I am not saying that I do, just making it clear that I am not one of those people that disappear and screw everyone else.

Additional Information:

13) What were your previous guilds? Why did you leave?
I alluded to this in my previous wall of giant text, but the one I am in now is just time constraints and some personal issues. I am really getting tired of hearing teenagers drop the N word a million times a night. I am mixed race and it doesn't normally bother me but the past few weeks are just getting to be too much.

14) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?
If you have picked up any Crushridge players they have probably heard of me. I was an officer in Eminent for about 4 years.

15) Please provide us with an up to date World of Logs (NO LFR!!!)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9 ... 840&e=2140 Mal heroic seems to be a good patchwerk style fight to compare too. Looking at your all's logs it looks like I would be pretty competitive.

16) Is there anything else that you feel must be mentioned in your application?
If you compare my on raidbots, please be sure to remember that I have only been rogueing at a heroic for a few weeks now. My concerns are still primarily not fucking up and dying over toppen dem meterz. I am a generally nice guy, I am fiercely competitive and I still contribute a lot to Ret theory crafting and discussions on pod casting. My sense of humor is very dry, I love min/maxing discussion. I can't help it, im an engineer so math and spreadsheets are considered by me to be a good time.

** Please attach a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raiding environment **
I just went with a video from my first Garosh kill, I hope that is ok.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kHTfTN4AfM
My ui is still very similar to that, the only changes I have made was to sit down and organize some weak auras to help me manage cooldowns and such better.
http://youtu.be/0VZpB0-3BZQ?t=29s

I did this all on my ipad, so I apologize in advance if the formatting is difficult to read. Thanks for taking the time to read this and gl in the rest of the expansion.

Post subject: Re: Jameson - Rogue (Assassination/Combat)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Added you on btag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:03 pm 

Sounds good, i should be able to hop on later this evening.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:59 pm 

Got moved over, popping some Benadryl and calling it an early night. I will catch you sometime this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:53 pm 

I approve so long as dragon gets tricks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:56 pm 

Davien wrote:
I approve so long as dragon gets tricks.

i think what you meant was... "i approve so long as tayka gets 2 tricks".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:58 pm 

this qualifies as being mean. Maybe Dragon should get both tricks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:40 pm 

Compromise Mech gets tricks since charles is trying to kill him anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:16 pm 

NO ONE ASKED YOU MECH! GO AWAY!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:28 am 

For some strange reason I got hit with a "flagged for rename" on my rogue. I did some googling this morning and it looks like it is a known bug with faction changing. Anyways, I opened a ticket but of course....it is on a sunday....and it is before a holiday. Just an fyi. Ugh.