All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Osgore-Protection Warrior
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:26 pm 

Character Information:

1) What class do you play?
Protection Warrior

FYI- Almost my entire wow career has been as a holy paladin(Lìghts.) This warrior has only been my main for about 2 months. I hope that doesn't affect your judgement. I honestly wouldn't be applying to your guild if I didn't think i have what it take to raid with the best again. And I don't get accepted now, don't be surprised to hear from me again once I am bit more up to date.

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/smolderthorn/Osgore/simple

I know my gear is a bit under par, but honestly from the content that is currently available to me and around 2 months of being level capped i think you will see that I am trying my best.

Personal Information:

3) Are you 17 or older?
Yes I am 21.

4) Can you communicate in English?
Yes

Computer Information:

5) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids?
Yes, i get around 100+ FPS idle around the world, about 60ish in Org/raids.

6) Do you have a working mic?
Have a high quality gaming headset.

7) Do you have a stable internet connection?
Its very rare if I am over 100ms world or home.

Player Information:

8) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content)
Current content i haven't had a chance to really raid in other then BWD/Chogall/Al'akir, but I've completed almost every previous tier while it was relevant with the exclusion of Vanilla(started playing right before 2.3 dropped.)

9) How prepared do you show up to raids?
Usually have and abundance of consumables so in all reality I am able to raid the moment i log onto my character.

10) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am)?
Perfect times for me, i work graveyard shift in a MT timezone.

Additional Information:

11) What were your previous guilds?
Current guild sent me an invite the first day i logged on when i returned to the game, kinda just been chillin in here enjoying the perks.

<Malevolent> during late wotlk. 11/12 ICC

<Sacrilege> after Malev broke up. Got a few HM's down, but I hated the way the raided, and was kinda bummed about the way Malev ended so didn't end up raiding much.

<Intolerance> Early BC up to 5/9 BT

<Anomalyl>-Wildhammer during BC after Intolerance broke up to 3/5 SWP.

12) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?
I have done 2's and 3's with Strongbad on my paladin Lights on and off, I am sure he'll vouch that I am at-least decent. =P

Don't know if it would matter but i know alot of the old crew from Malev is in Sad Panda and I'm sure if i asked they could vouch for me.

** Please attach a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raiding environment **

Post subject: Re: Osgore-Protection Warrior
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:54 pm 

Just from a quick glance.

- Cloak Enchant
- Weapon Enchant. Maelstroms are cheap.
- Leg enchant is useless.
- Most likely want Lavawalker on boots
- Hit is a useless stat, reforge it off (shield)
- Just a recommendation, you're most likely better off putting parry/mastery in red sockets. Stamina is overvalued.
- Your spec seems to value threat talents over survivability, not quite a raiding spec. Threat should never be an issue in raids. Survivability is always an issue.
-The Darkmoon card trinket is HORRIBLY under budgeted. Go with the TB mastery trinket if you're looking for a second trinket.
- Why did you reforge dodge to mastery instead of parry to mastery on your legs? Your parry is very far ahead of your dodge, it should be within 1%.
You'll get more combat table coverage reforging the parry into mastery. Same deal with your helm. I know you may be trying to maximize your parry for "Hold the Line", but it's only gimping you in overall avoidance.
On pieces of gear that are parry/mastery, you should reforge the parry to dodge until your overall parry/dodge are within 1% of each other.

- We're preferably looking for someone with a bit more experience in raid tanking, heroic modes experience would be a plus. I understand you may have downed content as a healer, but it's quite different as a tank.
- We're also trying to push hard modes and an average tanking gear ilevel of 360 is really cutting it close as far as being able to survive what a boss will throw at you without causing healers to go oom.

I'd recommend researching a bit and ensuring you fix any issues you might have with your gear/spec. Perhaps getting some more gear (365-370+) and a bit more experience under your belt with raid tanking. I'm not sure if your kills in BWD/BoT/TFW were pre or post 4.2, but there's a big difference, and an even bigger difference between post-4.2 normal and heroic modes/tier 12.

Also remember, if you're serious about apping to a guild, ensure you are optimizing your gear completely. Unenchanted/cheaply enchanted items, unoptimized specs and reforges aren't going to help your application. You may care very much about serious raiding, but you need to reflect that in your character.

Feel free to contact myself or Keds in game if you have any questions.