All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Zeppealin/ Prot Pally App
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:54 pm 

Character Information:

1) What class do you play?
Protection Paladin

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... lin/simple

Personal Information:

3) Are you 17 or older?
Yes

4) Can you communicate in English?
Yes

Computer Information:

5) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids?
Yes

6) Do you have a working mic?
Yes

7) Do you have a stable internet connection?
Yes

Player Information:

8) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content) Although i've played WoW shortly before BC came out I've only raided threw Wrath. My old guild was number one on "Farstriders" in Nax days. I've done Ulduar and ICC all when they came out. In addition, i healed threw almost all of Wrath.

9) How prepared do you show up to raids?
Very, as a former officer and guild leader I very much pay close attention to how people show up to raids. Flask, Gemed and enchanted. I do take my raiding seriously and showing up prepared is a major factor in determining how well a raid will go.

10) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am)?
Tuesdays, i will be able to get on at about 10 after 9. Otherwise fully available.
Additional Information:

11) What were your previous guilds?
All Hail the Dead (Farstriders). Bane (Cenarion Circle). Current Warcraftier (Cenarion Circle)

12) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?
No

** Please attach a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raiding environment **
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19 ... facen.png/

Post subject: Re: Zeppealin/ Prot Pally App
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:58 pm 

Raiding experience: You have very little raiding experience in Dragon Soul. No raiding experience in Firelands, and very little in Tier 11 content. In fact it doesn't look like you've played the game much at all in Cataclysm, at least as far as raiding goes. We're a guild pushing heroic modes and realm firsts. It's difficult to have a player who has very little experience and expect them to be able to do that properly. While tanking isn't exactly difficult, it's never very helpful to have one that's inexperienced at raiding.
I could be wrong though, I've seen undergeared players with very little experience out perform those with years of experience and gear.

That being said....

When applying to a guild that is pushing hard modes, you should at least make sure you've done all your research and maximized your talents, gems and enchants.

Talents:
- After the Nerf to Word of Glory, it's pointless to put anything into Eternal Glory. The benefit is negligible and really only for threat. You can't "double heal" yourself anymore. It could be useful to get a heal off and then an SoTR right after, but the chance you'd need that extra threat far enough into the fight that you're actually using Word of Glory is nill. The talent lost all value when they nerfed WoG.
- You're better off putting 0 points in Eternal Glory, 1 Point into Reckoning, and then place the 3 free points you now have into Rule of Law. Rule of Law is a steady DPS increase (and also a nice survivability increase with the 15% crit to Word of Glory).
- Rule of Law at 3 points also provides a bigger DPS increase than anything that the second point in reckoning and 2 points in Eternal Glory could provide.
With threat effectively being a thing of the past, the only real thing a tank should focus on is survibility and utility. Once all those talents are used up, you can then spend whatever talents you have left on DPS. It may seem soemthing small, but min/maxing is quite a bit deal when it comes to hard modes.

Glyphs:
Prime Glyphs - I generally swap glyphs heavily depending on the fight. Most things in Dragon Soul are single target, so you really have no need for the Hammer of Righteosness Glyph. Also, since you should be focusing on staying alive, the Word of Glory glyph is probably one of your best choices. You should be using something like Seal of Truth, Shield of Righteousness and Word of Glory to get the maximum benefit possible.

Major Glyphs - Again, DS is almost all Single Target and you don't have points in Hallowed Ground, so Glyph of Consecration isn't really useful. Dazing Shield is a completely useless glyph in raids. Your best bets are going to be Focused Shield, and some combination of Holy Wrath, Lay on Hands or Ascetic Crusader depending on your needs for the fight.

Enchants:
You're apply to a guild pushing hard modes and real firsts. Show some effort in enchants.
Helm: Part of me understands what you are trying to do with your helm enchant. Mastery is what you should be pushing for, but not neglecting other stats completely. Each stat has a weight and you need to make sure you're getting the best bang for the buck out of everything. You're not getting that with the STR/Mastery enchant. You should be using the Dodge/Stam one. I could be wrong in my assumption and possibly you just don't have the required faction rep for the correct enchant.

Shoulders: Effort. Get the rep. It's easy.

Chest: You're going to get way more out of the 75 stam to chest enchant than you are from the stats enchant. The "budget" of the Peerless stats enchant takes into account all the useless stats that you don't need. Like Spirit and Agility. We get nothing from Agility now, making Peerless stats even worse than it was before compared to the stamina enchant.

Hands: The hell are you doing? Mastery. Effort.

Feet: Mastery. Straight up mastery. You get barely anything from the enchant you are using. The run speed increase does not stack with your Pursuit of Justice talent.

Weapon: ...Eh?

Gems/Reforges:
- Your helm Gem is a waste. Get the Stam/Block one. Run speed doesn't stack with PoJ.

- Other gems. They can be annoying to get correct, especially at your odd gear level and lack of a real mastery trinket. (the VP one would have been a better choice over the VP cloak honestly)

- Your goal as a protection paladin should be to reach the Combat Table Coverage cap. Which is where Block+Dodge+Parry+Miss = 102.4%. The goal of this is to make sure that every attack you hit is at LEAST a block. You would never take a full hit. You can do this easily as a Paladin by prioritizing Mastery as much as possible (careful not to neglect too much in other areas).

- You should be reforging everything you can to Mastery. Same goes for gems. You could probably reach close to the cap if you gemmed straight up Mastery into almost everything.

-Quickly entering your character into my spreadsheet...If you maximized your gems/enchants properly you would gain ~230 stamina, 700 mastery, while only losing 700 parry and 90 something dodge. Your overall avoidance would go up by about 6% compared to what you have now, all while GAINING stamina.

You say in your app that you pay close attention to gems/enchants, but I really don't see it here, especially in your enchants. As a guild, It's hard to want to put effort into someone who doesn't want to put effort into making sure they are bringing their very best to the guild.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them and I'll do my best to answer you.

Post subject: Re: Zeppealin/ Prot Pally App
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:11 pm 

Ecksy beat me to everything. Because of your lack of experience raiding this expansion, let alone as a tank, and your suboptimal gems/spec/enchants/reforging, your app is denied.

Good luck in your guild search.