All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Antler - Restoration Druid
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:21 am 

Okay so, I saw you (Catalyst) were trying to recruit a Resto Druid on the Battle.net forums, and so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm really sorry this is a wall of text. No wait, I'm not sorry. Skim if you have to.

Character Information:
1) What class/spec do you play?

Restoration Druid. My offspec is Balance and I am willing to play Balance as needed, though I would prefer to be healing most of the time.

2) What is your armory link? (Please Log off in your raiding gear)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Antler/advanced

Personal Information:
3) Are you 17 or older?

Yes, 24

4) Can you communicate in English?

Yes.

Computer Information:
5) Can your computer handle 25-Man raids without any issues?

Yes, no problem. 60fps in 25-man raids.

6) Do you have a working mic, and do you know how to use it?

Yes. I used to be a heal lead and I am comfortable with calling things out.

7) Do you have a stable internet connection?

My connection is stable (but please see my note in the last question).

8) Mumble & DBM are required. Will that be an issue?

I do not currently have Mumble installed and I've never used it, but I can't imagine it's much different from Ventrillo. I will download it ASAP. I am well acquainted with DBM.

Player Information:
9) What is your raiding experience? (Please focus mostly on current content)

From most current to the past:

Current content: 8/8 normal DS 10, 4/8 Heroic DS 10 pre-nerf. I had some major IRL issues during Dragon Soul that prevented me from raiding for five months. Without going too much into detail (I hope you understand if I'd like to keep a little bit of privacy) I can't imagine anything in the foreseeable future preventing me from raiding in Mists. I have killed Yor'sahj and Madness on heroic, but I don't feel that either of these kills count. Yor'sahj post-nerf is a bit of a joke. I want to be upfront with you so I want you to know I purchased a Heroic Deathwing mount from a guild on Barthilas which is why I have a Heroic Madness kill. I had a little extra gold on me (I usually do) and I really liked the model. I figured that even if I found a guild before Mists came out this was likely my only chance at the mount since I'd be a new recruit in a guild that may not be raiding DS anymore. Hope it isn't seen as a negative.

In Firelands, I was 6/7 Heroic pre-DS, and grabbed a H Rag kill early in DS. I believe we would have had no issue with Ragnaros if we hadn't had such high tank turnover (one quit completely and one went to basic training).

In T11, I was in a 25-man guild on Area 52 which was experiencing player loss, and I didn't get to see as much of the content as I felt I was capable of. I moved to Japan in the middle of this tier. I believe I was about 5/13 Heroic at the time we ended up moving.

In Wrath, I had a better showing. I was 11/12 Heroic 25 man, 12/12 Heroic 10 man in ICC, with both achievement drakes. I killed Heroic Halion 25. I ran a GDKP with my husband on Uldaman that went a modest 7-8/12 Heroic every week toward the end of the content. I was 5/5 TotGC with A Tribute to Mad Skill in-content, and then A Tribute to Insanity after the ICC patch. I had completed most hard modes in Ulduar 25 and Ulduar 10, with the exclusion of Yogg-0 and Algalon (Ulduar was also my first tier of serious raiding).

In BC and Vanilla I played only very casually.

10) How prepared do you show up to raids?

I never show up to raid without knowing the boss mechanics or what my role in the fight will be. Important debuffs and raid mechanics are already on Grid. If there's a video I've watched it. If it's bleeding edge enough that there's little information about it on the internet, I do my best with what I can find, even if it's only someone else's logs. I will have already have picked out the talents that I will bring to that fight (I change my spec a lot depending on what I feel I need to bring (this is something I will miss in Mists. Maybe the new skills will make up for it.))

As for consumables, I bring potions for both specs even if I only expect to heal. I bring flasks and plenty of food every raid night.

After raid I might be going through logs to see how I could have preformed better during the night.

11) What is your availability on Tuesdays & Thursdays (9:00pm - 12:30am EST)?
I can make these raid times no problem.

Additional Information:
12) What were your previous guilds? Why did you leave?

I'll start with most current and work backward.
Current Guild: I am currently a social rank in the guild I am in on Barthilas and I am not raiding with them. I transferred to Barthilas because my husband wanted to join a certain PVP guild here, but I found that I didn't care for any of the guilds on this server. I have not applied to any of the guilds on Barthilas. Being on Barthilas has allowed me more opportunity to do pugs, however, since it is a higher population server than Uldaman.

Down for Life on Uldaman (10 man, Firelands and DS): I was in this guild when I was forced to take leave from WoW for 5 months. I did not leave with bitter feelings, and I probably could return there. I really miss raiding in 25 man guilds, and I found raiding five days a week grueling since we weren't getting the sort of results you might expect from raiding that much. Since they are doing okay without me, I see no reason to return. Honestly though, I probably would still be on Uldaman with DFL if I hadn't had IRL issues. I'm also looking forward to raiding on a lower ping (Uldaman is a Chicago Datacenter and Smolderthorn is LA)

Phobia on Area 52 (25 man, ICC through T11. This guild no longer raids): In ICC they were doing well. I was promoted to heal lead shortly after Cataclysm despite the fact that there were already two officers that were healers. A MT/Raid Lead and his wife, the DPS lead, quit the game to spend more time with their son. The GM quit a few weeks after, he got temp banned for something and it caused him to quit (long stupid story) There was a lack of good applications coming in, and eventually the guild started coming apart at the seams. There were a few weeks where the GM had to be harassed to log in to invite alts or recruits(!). Even though I gave them plenty of warning that I wouldn't be around the whole place imploded when I took a few weeks off to move to Japan. I mean, it wasn't because I wasn't there, don't get me wrong, but it probably didn't help. I was so frustrated with the whole ordeal I stopped raiding until Firelands.

Aftermath on Twisting Nether (25 man, Ulduar to ICC. This guild no longer raids to my knowledge.) I really miss this guild. Long story short, a different guild transferred onto Twisting Nether to scoop up server firsts and it caused a lot of drama, gquits and transfers. I left when we ceased to be able to do content we had little trouble with previously (and I was not the first to leave by any stretch.).

13) Are there any <Gloryhogs> members that can vouch for you?

Nope.

14) Please provide us with an up to date World of Logs (NO LFR!!!)
5/8 Heroic Pug http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nubutgwf4um0q20i/
Previously mentioned Madness kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jqi4pzp4wp8fomej/
I apologize showing you pug logs. I do not currently have a raiding guild.
I also want to mention that in that Madness kill, the Priest that beat me on the meters outgears me. I did pull ahead of her on HPS during the last platform when the damage actually started to happen. See here:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jqi4pzp4wp8fomej/sum/healingDone/?s=1153&e=1230

I'm pretty competitive and even though the Priest had the advantage I don't like being shown up. I know healing meters don't mean much at all but there's nothing else to look at in a fight where nothing really went wrong.

15) Is there anything else that you feel must be mentioned in your application?

As I mentioned earlier in this application, I live in Japan. I live on a United States Marine base with my husband and our cat. Your raid times are 10 am to 1:30pm UTC+9, Wednesday and Friday (Japan is a day ahead).When the United States begins Daylight Savings Time on November 4th, I will be raiding at 11am to 2:30pm UTC+9. When I raided with my last guild, I raided at similar raid times. My connection speed is very decent, though I do experience some latency to all US servers. I will be raiding with 150-200ms to Smolderthorn, which is in my opinion, very playable and not an issue. When I was raiding on Uldaman, I was raiding with 300-350ms, which was difficult, but still playable. I do not have problems with disconnects, I'm just geographically pretty far from the servers. I have not experienced nights where I couldn't raid due to connection issues. I use Smoothping to help smooth my connection. I have never, and I will never in the future, need or expect any special treatment due to latency. Honesty is really important to me, and I don't want you to feel like I'm being deceptive about where I live or the quality of my internet. If the condition of my connection ever changes (which I don't expect it to), I will let you know about it.

Now, with all that out of the way, there is something positive I'd like to talk about. I have in the past written addons to help my guild through progression. My addons aren't especially fancy, and I think they're probably in need of updates. I wrote them to fill in with info we didn't have and we needed, and to help us with specific problems we were facing with some bosses. The first addon I wrote was ParryHaste. ParryHaste simply announced to chat when a specific mob (in this case, Halion) parried something, so healers/tanks could hit CDs if necessary (especially if the balance was off, can't remember what it was called. The percent at the top) or the melee could re-position themselves (we were having tank death problems). When I was made heal lead, I wrote KAnnounce. It let me announce all single target healing CDs and raidwide CDs in heal chat with consistant formatting. It also let me announce CDs to heal chat from players that weren't in heal chat (Hand of Sac from Ret, Rallying Cry from warrior, etc) I modified it later when we were having trouble with the wrong players interrupting the wrong thing on Heroic Maloriak to announce interrupts to Officer chat. I also modified Penetrator (Anub'arak Penetrating Cold addon) to work with Chimaeron's Caustic Slime, which threw out raid markers on affected players in a consistant, assignable way. I wasn't the only one that had this idea with penetrator and I never uploaded my version to Curse, but I feel like I should mention it anyway. I've fixed addons after patches that were slow to update or were just flat out abandoned. I've written small addons here and there that weren't worth uploading but were worthwhile to whoever I wrote it for. I learned on my own how to program, so there's a lot of stuff I don't know, and some addons that are too involved for me to fix, but I think I do pretty okay. Addons are a big part of raiding and I feel like it might give me a tiny advantage to have an understanding of the capabilities and the limitations of Blizzard's addon API.

** Please attach a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raiding environment **

I have a lot of my things keybound and some of my bars hidden because I don't need them, so if there's something you'd like to know about that you don't see, please say something. The black bar at the bottom of my screen is a viewport addon and doesn't obscure my vision of the field in anyway, it just squashes the game world up a little. It gives me a place to put things like chat windows. I usually have an indicator for Power Torrent and Nature's Grace on my Forte Xorsist cooldown bar, but for some reason it's not working on this screen shot. I like to line up my first Innervate with Power Torrent, because after that Innervate comes off CD when Power Torrent procs. I also try to line up NG with Tranq if I know specifically when I'm tranqing during a fight.

The raid frames you see in the screenshot is Grid. Many important debuffs have specific colors assigned to them so I can react quickly (cauterize in addition to raid debuffs). Timers for all of my hots are in the corners. I can see when another druid's hots are on a target so I know I can swiftmend even if I don't have hots on that person. I also have indicators for healing CDs (Pain sup, Hand of Sac, GS) and other important CDs (Dispersion, Feint, Iceblock). I try to have important information available to me so I can react quickly, but not so much that it clutters my screen.

And I know I have a lot of power auras active on this screenshot. I just happen to have quite a few procs going on at that moment in time, it doesn't look like that always.

Attachments:
ui2.jpg
ui2.jpg [ 682.08 KiB | Viewed 5809 times ]

Pollywog - Holy Paladin ..||.. Jazko#1135
 Post subject: Re: Antler - Restoration Druid
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

contact Unghanda in game whenever you get a chance.